Software Solution Developer
Are you passionate about solving complex real-world problems using technology? Do you want to work directly with clients, understand their businesses, and use technology to solve their problems and improve efficiency?
We have the perfect job for you!
Adex Personnel is looking for a Software Solution Developer for a business partner, a global provider of top-quality software development services to customers in many sectors. The partner is based in Montreal.
In this position, you will work on the various software solutions for commercial airlines. You will be responsible for the configuration, development, testing, documentation, and maintenance of crew and ops management applications in order to meet customer, functional, and regulatory requirements.
Why Join Our Partner?
- Health & Legal support
- Discount program
- Full medical insurance - Dental & Medical (for the whole family if applicable)
- Sport activities
- Outstanding offices
- Comfortable place in a cozy room
- Continuous education
- Flexible schedule
- Hybrid program
- RRSP matching
- Diversity of Domains & Businesses
- Variety of technology
- Competitive salary
- Deliver client projects by configuring and customizing our world-leading Crew and Ops Management applications using XML, Python, and our proprietary RAVE language
- Use a test-driven development methodology to ensure top quality, developing automated test cases as you code
- Work directly with the client to understand their needs and business objectives and use that information to capture requirements
- Explain design decisions and technical solutions in a clear and confident way to clients while managing client expectations and building long-term client relationships
- Travel to visit our clients from time to time, mainly in the Americas
- 4+ years of working in software development
- At least 3-4 years of experience with Python in software development
- 2+ years of experience effectively working in a Linux/Unix environment
- 2+ years of extensive usage of Git or Mercurial
- 2+ years of experience working with Relational Database modelling
- Solid programming ability, either through education, experience, or a combination of both
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal English skills
- Solid skills with Microsoft Excel
- Experience working within a Scrum team or in similar Agile project setups
- A background in airline operation or airline IT, ideally with crew planning
- Experience with:
- Data science and analytics
- Writing functional tests within a framework like Gherkin, Behave
- Interfaces and data integration, XML
- Bash scripting
- Good with numbers, ability to see patterns and draw conclusions
- Strong communication and people skills
- Problem-solving experience
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Advanced level of English, spoken and written
If you believe you would be a great fit for the job, please contact us to discuss!
We look forward to meeting you!
Adex Personnel is an equal opportunity employer. The masculine gender is used in this text only to simplify the form and make it easier to read.